The upcoming speech from Obama should be interesting if not productive.
I imagine he will blame Bush again (or hint at it). He'll have a plan to 'help' the homeowners who are losing their home (by using more taxpayer money). He'll have a plan to stimulate job growth, by spending more money, although he'll say it's just redistribution of money we already have. But no matter how he says it, or where it comes from, he wants to spend more money.
He will not say he's repealing health care (the real reason businesses don't want to hire), but I hope he does agree to extend Bush's tax cuts without raising them in other areas.
The worse part is, next month, when businesses do start temporary hiring for the holidays, Obama will say his plan is working. That's really sad.
For some reason, this administration just can't seem to understand that growth in the economy, regardless of what economic advisors say, cannot happen if the government keeps spending money and/or raising taxes. Business owners will not hire in such and uncertain economy.
Here are some ideas that have been tossed around by We The People to get our country and government back on track. Nearly all those involved are in agreement with these ideas and want to see them implemented.
1. Repeal health care & financial reform
2. Secure borders—then tackle immigration reform
3. Leave Bush tax cuts in place
4. Freeze all bailouts, including money not yet spent
5. Stop non-vital research grants until economy recovers
6. Adjust congressional thinking (no business is too big to fail)
7. Audit & adjust state salaries
8. Audit state lottery monies
9. Enforce the Declaration of Independence (the right to abolish a destructive government)
10. Audit gasoline tax expenditures
11. Audit & adjust salaries of congressmen, senators, representatives and presidential admin.
12. No budget for individual housing or rent payments for government officials
13. No budget for First family clothes, vacations, and personal parties. Audit White House Expenses
14. Audit expenditures of all tax monies collected, income, licenses, fees, permits, etc.
Enact Our Rights Under The Decloration of Independence:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.i>
Read The Decloration of Independence